Raman Computer Aided Training
This MATLAB-based application intends to replicate the operation of a Raman spectrometer for new users, providing an environment for quick, effective instruction where users can investigate parametrization without fear of sample/instrument damage. Most importantly, this app seeks to facilitate the devolpment of intuition regarding spectroscopic data collection best practices using MoO3/P25 as a model system.
1. Download RamanCAT.mlappinstall
2. Open MATLAB. Once opened, double click on the downloaded file.
3. A window will appear. Click on Install.
4. Click on the "APPS" tab of your MATLAB window. Then click on the drop down list. You should see the Raman App icon on the second line. Click on it.
5. The App window has now opened. Select from the "Dataset" drop-down menu the MoO3/P25. Note that (at least for now) when initially starting the app you must always select the dataset before pressing any of the other buttons. The spectrum graph is displayed for the given parameters.
6. Feel free to play around with different set of parameters. Change the values of the parameters, the spectral range, compare spectra etc. Make sure to check out the saturated plot as well (grating 1800, acquisition 100, laser intensity 100, accumulation 1).